Supporting personalized learning through technology and preparing students for careers that don't even exist yet.
Our goal is to enhance technology infrastructure and provide access to digital resources for every student. From reliable wifi to classroom technology, we support technology systems and initiatives for more than 25 educational sites, 18,000 students and 4,000 staff.
Every student has access to mobile device iPads (K-2) and Chromebooks (3-12). Through the use of personal devices, teachers can personalize their instruction, help students access information and allow for instant collaboration between students and teachers across the district.
Director of Technology
campus parent portal
Campus Parent Portal allows families to access and update important household contact information, and monitor and participate in their child's education. Families can access announcements, attendance, bus routes, grades, schedules and more.
Annual Back-to-School Family Update
SoWashCo Schools is pleased to provide families with a new and easy way to complete online forms and review and update household contact information for the 2021-22 school year through their Campus Parent Portal accounts. All families must complete this update between July 7 and Aug. 18, 2021. The process will take approximately 5-20 minutes depending on the number of children.
New usernames and passwords were sent to parents and guardians via email on July 7, 2021. You can recover your username and/or recover or reset your password by visiting: https://changepassword.sowashco.org/pwm/private/login.
One parent or guardian from the primary household will be required to provide information for your children. Parents or guardians from a secondary household will be able to update their own contact information. After logging in, click “More” and “Online Registration” to begin.
Si necesita ayuda de traducción o acceso a un dispositivo para completar este proceso, póngase en contacto con el Departamento de Información al Estudiante en el 651-425-6328.
Yog koj xav tau kev pab txais lus los yog kev pab siv lub device, thov hu rau qhov Department of Student Information ntawm 651-425-6328.
- I already have a username to access Campus Parent Portal. Do I have to use the new one sent to me?
- I already have a username to access Campus Parent Portal, but it’s not working.
- I can’t find my new username and/or password. Where can I regain access to my account?
- What information do I need to update as a primary household?
- I already completed this information while registering my child for SoWashCo Schools. Do I need to provide this information again?
- Why is SoWashCo Schools requiring this update?
- I am in Campus Parent Portal. How do I start the Annual Back-to-School Update?
- I am a parent, step-parent or guardian but do not live with my child, can I do the annual update?
- What is the difference between a primary household and a secondary household?
- When does the annual update need to be completed?
- What if I don’t have access to the internet, a computer or tablet to complete the Back-to-School Update?
- Are translation services available?
SoWashCo Schools is offering families the option of purchasing a Device Protection Plan to protect district-issued devices from accidental damage to the device; damage from ﬁre, ﬂood, natural disasters, or power surges; and theft (with a ﬁled police report).
The participation cost for those choosing to enroll in the Device Protection Plan is $20 annually per device. Families who qualify for federal educational beneﬁts, such as free and reduced-price meals, will also be eligible for reduced pricing ($10 annually per device) or free coverage. If families are eligible, the pricing will automatically be calculated at checkout. In addition, families with multiple children will not pay more than $60 per year for Device Protection Plans. Payment on Device Protection Plans is due upon issuing of the student’s device. The protection fee is nonrefundable. Coverage begins upon receipt of the payment and ends at the conclusion of the scheduled school year.
- Families who waive the Device Protection Plan will be responsible for the full cost of repair or replacement of the device.
- The district issued device accessories, charging cable, power adapter “brick” and case (for iPad) are not covered by the plan.
All electronic technologies must be used in accordance with the educational program and mission of South Washington County Schools. Although issued to the student, the iPad or Chromebook is and remains the property of South Washington County Schools. It may be reviewed and revoked at any time. The student should have NO expectation of privacy regarding content on the iPad or Chromebook.
If a student fails to return the device and accessories (iPad case and charging cords) at the end of the school year or upon termination of enrollment from the issuing school, that student or his/her parent/guardian will be billed for the cost to replace the items not returned. Failure to comply with this requirement will result in a theft report being ﬁled with the police department.
South Washington County Schools uses a new payment processing system called SmartSchoolK12.
This system is used for processing payments for our school fees (parking, transcripts, device protection, clubs, etc.) and competitive activities (soccer, hockey, speech team, etc.).
To register your account, please click the "Pay Fees" button above and then select the blue "click here to begin our set up process" button.
If you already have an account, click on “Pay Competitive Activities Fees” or “Pay School Fees”.
Please note: you may be required to save your credit card information to complete the transaction. You can immediately delete your saved card after the purchase.